I was approached by ModCloth to partake in a styling challenge with fashion inspiration site Polyvore! I have been a keen follower of the MocCloth blog and frequently admire the gorgeous dresses they have available so was only to happy to style a look around one of their dresses.
The styling challenge revolves around ModCloths popular Navy The Work to Play Dress which is available in a variety of sizes from XS to 4X.
I decided it to reflect a weekend of WORK TO PLAY in our family! This can involve a make up client in the morning, puddle jumping with our son, brunching and scouring the weekend markets/ stores for vintage treasures
- The Dots to Discuss Cherry scarf is perfect for tying under the sweet Peter Pan collar into a bow, tying in your hair or in the evening using as a belt.
- The You Bow What I Mint Earrings complement the shades of the shoes and dresses accents, don't want to wear them as earrings? Try pinning them to the dress as a petite group of brooches!
- The Take a Rain Trek umbrella, fun playful and perfect for wandering the markets or puddle jumping in a light shower.
- The Red Va Va Voluminous Petticoat is perfect for a random and flirty pop of colour under the dress while spinning on street corners while you take your daily outfit post picture
- The Shoeful of Sugar Heels can be practical and pretty! Closed in for wet days, low heel for walking and keeping up with a playful toddler.
- Indulge your lips with a coat of Lime Crimes Retrofuturist, Red Lips add classic glamour and colour to a dull day.
- And finally bring a touch of whimsy to your fingers with the Everyday in a Letter Wallet.
I had a lot of fun creating this! If only I had Modcloth and Polyvore in my closet......It would be very 90's chick flick clueless and a lot of fun to plan your outfits for the week.
You can check more of Modcloths beautiful dress range here, I currently have my eye on :
Guest of Honor Dress in Varsity Stripes