Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Thrifty Mama - Easy Outdoor bunting

Thrifty Mama, cheap and cheerful outdoor bunting from plastic bags!


I have been wanting some bunting for outside to spruce up the deck and left Iko Iko feeling inspired by their plastic Mexican flags and thought I would give them a go! I brought a singlet from Glassons last week and their bags are currently a super cute flamingo and toucan print ( win) so I cut triangles out of them ( 10 from one bag).
Had a look in the plastic bag and found another bag with a tropical feel to it so Tiki Style it is!


In total I got 10 from the flamingos and 11 from the floral, no need to hem etc. I placed them on some string, folded them over, tapped and hey presto super cute bunting in 45 mins!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Very clever using those bags, I normally never what to do with them all so this is an awesome idea.

    ReplyDelete