Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Zeland Burlesque Festival part One

As I mentioned in my previous post we hit the road down south to Wellington so that I could perform and attend at the New Zealand burlesque festival hosted and organised by Red Rascal Productions ( Kerry and Danny Rascal) I was beyond excited at attending the international workshops and of course meeting the performers.
 
 
On the Friday I attended Jett Adore's workshop at kao's dance studio's, followed by the Vintage Bazaar in Newtown before heading to the Paramount for tech rehearsal. My La Luna routine was chosen as my performance and I had the pleasure of performing this for my friends and family that night at the Promenade Ball, apart from my balloon having a mind of its own ( just keep smiling and dancing on) the night was amazing. The internationals blew me away with their innovative performances and their completely approachable antics backstage. It was great to catch up with everyone that we knew online and yet had not meet in person.
 
 
 
The dynamite duo "Swing out Sisters" got a hold of La Luna
 
 
Miss Ooh La La Paree, Lilly La Rouge, Rosina Lee and Hester Hawthorne!
 
I have a tonne  more photos from the Saturday, so stay posted for that! If you are already a liker on my Rosina Lee Burlesque page then you will of had a early preview of them.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Pix I've seen show what an awesome event it was, and a splendid time seems to have been had by all!
    I'm mega jealous Daisy got to meet you! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh sweet cheeks Daisy and I have decided you will be attending next year! You should consider entering the burlesquing scene! I think you would make a fabularse mc!

      Delete
  2. Oh look there I am!! Hehehe - so lovely to meet you and see you perform!
    Til next time!!
    And HELL YES to Helga the burlesque MC!!

    ReplyDelete