Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Miss Fishers Murder Mystery's

I love period tv shows and my current loves are Mr Selfridge and Australian produced Miss Fisher's Murder Mystery's which I understand is growing in popularity internationally.
 
 


Based on Australian author Kerry Greenwood.'s crime novels; following the adventures of unflappable leading lady detective Phryne Fisher (Essie Davis).

This lush take on the traditional crime drama ...explores the fascinating and varied sub cultures of 1920s 'between-the-wars' Melbourne.

From the shadowy lanes of the city to the halls of academia, from high-class brothels to haute couture, she defends the innocent and juggles admirers with her usual panache, all the while keeping up her delicious dance around Detective Inspector Jack Robinson (Nathan Page).


Via
The styling and costuming is delicious! The producers share a lot of the props and costuming on their Pinterest page which is worth a look around. Pinterest page here and  facebook page here

Via

5 comments:

  1. goodness! what beautiful stylings, I adore that era (haven't seen the show bah!) ps your blonde locks are gorgeous, I think sun-in was the downfall of many healthy tresses! x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ahh the whole series has me drooling and I cannot wait for season two to start

      Delete
  2. I am gagging to watch, and read, this! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! everytime I pop into the library it's all booked out!

      Delete
  3. I love Miss Fisher so much - season 2 starts tonight here in Australia so excited!

    One of my millinery teachers at TAFE worked on the hats for season 2 so I am extra excited to be able to pick her brain as I am way more interested in historical millinery than modern.

    ReplyDelete