Friday, July 19, 2013

Nurture yourself

via

This week I became over feeling lethargic, unmotivated and a little rounded than normal. So I've decided I needed to give myself a kick up the arse and give my body a little help. As Gala Darling would say Radical Self Love.

Now its not that I have major body issues ( or no more than the usual) but before pregnancy I was a size 8 and now I am a Size 12. This dress size wont change as my chest and hips have moved and quite frankly I love my new curves! The mum tum is the part that irks me! Bubs is now six months and I know that they say it takes 9 months to put it on, so I feel its realistic to start upping the anty now.

This Monday Hubby and I are doing the 3 day juice detox which encourages you to juice alt of green vege's and some fruit, drink a lot of water and you should see the crap, toxins etc literally leaving your body. For the rest of the week we are going raw and if we transition well into it then we will adjust our diet to reflect a this.

Now I struggle with will power, I've also fallen into the stay at home mum trap where when I'm bored I go grazing and drink up to 6 cups of coffee.

So to counteract this Bubs and I will have to leave the house and reach for the water bottle when I feel hungry.

So starting Monday it is juice for 3 days
Thursday on wards is raw, so lots of fruit and vege, smoothies, pesto, hummus etc
We are adding spirulina powder to re alkalize our body's so that the minerals have something to stick to during the detox

We are also doing

  • No carbs ~  bread, rice, pasta, potatoes, chippies etc
  • No dairy ~ Cheese , Yoghurt
  • No coffee, wine and chocolate! eekkk these are my go to happy place!
Monday I will take my measurements, a photo and share my thoughts, recipes each day and think positively!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment